Frequently Asked Questions
LightSUP boards are extremely durable, but not indestructible! Here are a few tips to ensure your stoke will last season after season.
- Treat it like you would any other valued item.
- Keep the board out of extreme heat and sunlight when not in use. Any product has a shortened lifespan if left in the sun 24/7.
- Clean the board with a normal household cleaning product when necessary. Most marks on the rail from your paddle should be removable. Magic erasers work great.
- For ding/puncture repair for your consideration that LIGHTSUP BOARDS has implemented.
- For small repairs check out this link for consideration here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIoxWJ8lyyA.
- Another effective method with proper tooling here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvV9a3lEe2g. Here is a link to an amazon listing were you can pick the size rod you would need: Amazon ABS Rod https://www.amazon.com/Othmro-Plastic-Welding-Thickness-1Meter/dp/B082KK5PMN/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&keywords=white+abs+welding+rods&qid=1595788713&sr=8-25. Since gashes tend to be small, a 3/8 width rod should be enough for several repairs.
- Traditional method of board repair here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL3I8GxWikA&t=196s.
- For large repairs: Repairs that are too large for the welding technique or need fiber reinforcement should use West System G-Flex Plastic Boat Repair Kits described here: https://epoxyworks.com/index.php/gluing-plastic-with-gflex-epoxy/. These kits are also available on Amazon, make sure you get the kit designated for plastic repair and follow the instructions inside for plastic repair.
- Please contact us with your specific questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LightSUP Marine Grade Polycarbonate viewing windows are NOT intended nor capable of supporting significant weight. The window is designed for viewing only. DO NOT STAND ON PANES. Polycarbonate is extremely durable and will not break, but will crack under significant pressure.
Please take care of your windows by covering them while not in use. Ensure the window does not come in contact with abrasive or sharp objects as it will scratch. Don’t worry too much though, the scratches largely disappear in the water. In the event of scratching, NOVUS 7100 Plastic Polish Kit – 8 oz. works well. For small cracks in the pane, Weld-On 4 Acrylic Adhesive – 4 Oz and Weld-On Applicator Bottle with Needle works well. Replacement panes are available for purchase.
I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MY CUBE, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Contact Lume Cube direct.
WHAT IS THE WARRANTY ON THE LUME CUBE?
HOW MANY BRIGHTNESS SETTINGS IN A LUME CUBE?
- A Lume Cube has 10 manual brightness settings that change in increments of 150 lumens. The brightest setting maxes out at 1500 lumens.
WHAT IS THE SIZE AND WEIGHT OF ONE LUME CUBE?
- Lume cubes are 1.5 cubic inches in size. One Lume Cube weighs 3.5 ounces.
HOW DO I CONNECT VIA BLUETOOTH?
You can easily connect to Bluetooth via the Lume Cube App. Please note you do not connect via the native settings on your smartphone as you might have experienced with a Bluetooth speaker.
- Press the right button on the top of the cube while the lens is pointed away from you.
- You will see a brief flash that indicated you have activated the Bluetooth.
- Open your Lume Cube App and look for the lightning bolt in the upper left corner.
- If the Lightning Bolt is blinking, you are not connected. Please ensure your Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- If the Lightning Bolt is solid blue, you have successfully connected your cube to your smartphone.
WHAT FEATURES DOES THE BLUETOOTH SMARTPHONE APP ALLOW ME TO CONTROL?
- You can select different brightness settings through the app, 1%-100%.
- The duration of time you would like the Lume Cube to be on can be set as well.
- Through the duration feature, you can also select different strobe speeds.
- Viewable from the app is the battery life and signal connectivity of your Lume Cubes to the app.
- The red eye sensor and the optical sensor features can also be turned on and off via the app.
CAN I USE MY CUBE WITHOUT THE APP?
- Yes, the 2 buttons on the top of your Lume Cube are the manual controls. Always control the Lume Cube while the lens is pointed away from you.
WHAT DO THE 2 BUTTONS ON THE TOP OF THE LUME CUBE DO?
- Turns on the constant video light.
- Click multiple times to cycle through the 10 brightness settings.
- Hold for five seconds to shut down the cube.
- 1 click activates the Bluetooth.
- 5 second hold activates the optical sensor.
- 1 click turns off the constant video light.
MY LIGHT IS FLASHING AFTER I’VE TURNED IT OFF, WHAT’S GOING ON?
- Your optical sensor is turned on and responding to the change in ambient light as you handle your cube.
- To turn this off, press and hold the right button for 5 seconds, while the cube is pointed away from you.
- The optical sensor feature will now be turned off.
WHERE DO I CHARGE THE LUME CUBE?
- The micro USB charging port is located under the waterproof screw in cap on the back of the cube.
- Unscrew the waterproof screw in cap to access the charging port.
- For maximum charge leave on charger for 60-90 minutes.
- Blinking red lights below the buttons indicate a low battery.
- Blinking red light also indicates the unit is charging.
- Blinking red light turns off when the unit is fully charged.
WHAT KIND OF BATTERY DOES THE LUME CUBE USE?
- Internal, non-replaceable Li-Ion Polymer rechargeable battery.
HOW LONG WILL THE BATTERY LAST ON A FULL CHARGE?
- On a full charge at maximum brightness, the LumeCube will last up to 30 minutes.
- At 50% will last over an hour.
- The one and only piece you have to worry about is the waterproof screw cap located at the back of the unit. Always ensure this is properly installed and tight before any use in water.
- BEFORE you expose the Lume Cube to water, ensure the screw cap is tightened completely.
- There is also a rubber gasket on the thread side of the screw cap. Ensure this is present, clean, and free from any debris.
MY CUBE GETS WARM AFTER CONSTANT USE, IS THIS NORMAL?
- The Lume Cube is a high-powered LED that will emit heat.
- The cube has an internal heat sensor that will shut the unit down when it reaches its maximum internal heat to ensure no internal or external damage occurs.
I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE SMARTPHONE APP TO CONTROL MY LUME CUBE THROUGH MY PHONE, BUT IT PROMPTED ME FOR SERIAL NUMBERS. WHERE CAN I FIND MY LUME CUBE SERIAL NUMBERS?
- Your Serial Numbers are located on the bottom of the packaging as well as inside your Quick Start Guide.If you happen to misplace either of those, you can reach out to our Support Team to locate your serial number electronically. Here is the email: email@example.com
- If you ordered through our online store, please provide us with your Order Number and we can retrieve your original Serial Number. This Serial Number will be specific to the Lume Cube you own for warranty purposes.
- Please note: In order to qualify for your 1-Year Limited Warranty, you must register your Lume Cube through the Smartphone App.
1.5″ cubed. Fits in the palm of your hand
6000K light temperature
1500 Lumen LED
150 Lux @ 9 feet (3M)
Constant video light (20+ minutes on full power)
45+ minutes on 90 percent brightness, 120+ minutes on 50 percent brightness
Fully waterproof down to 100′
Optical sensor built-in to operate as a slave to other flashes/light sources
Bluetooth-controlled via Lume Cube smartphone App (iOS, Android)
Adjustable flash duration
1/4 20 mount on the bottom with multiple mounting options
Connect up to 5 Lume Cubes and control each individually with the “Lume Cube Pro” App
Lume Cube Pro Applications available in the Apple App Store and Google Play
Custom lens produces a 60º beam.
WARRANTY PERIOD & INFORMATION
NOCQUA Adventure Gear Pro Power Kit Batteries and Lighting System Batteries (10Ah, 4.4Ah, and 2.2Ah) are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for six (6) months.
I-Lumenate, LLC, DBA NOCQUA Adventure Gear (“NOCQUA”) products and accessories are guaranteed against manufacturing defects of workmanship and/or material one (1) year from the original date of purchase with the exception of the battery which is guaranteed for six (6) months. NOCQUA’s sole obligation in the event of such defects during this period is to repair or replace the defective part or product with a comparable part or product at NOCQUA’s sole discretion.
NOCQUA assumes no liability for any accident, injury, death, loss, or other claim related to or resulting from the use of this product. In no event shall NOCQUA be liable for incidental or consequential damages relating to or resulting from the use of this product or any of its parts. Returns or replacements of parts and/or products may be subject to shipping, handling, replacement and/or restocking fees.
NOCQUA’s warranty excludes any product that is abused, used other than its intended purpose, modified, or damaged by accident. NOCQUA products are intended to handle wear and tear, but regular maintenance, as specified on the PRODUCT CARE page, is required under warranty. Negligent care of products is not covered by this warranty.
WARRANTY & RETURNS
We’re disappointed if you’re not completely satisfied with your NOCQUA purchase. We take a lot pride in our products. If you are experiencing a problem with a NOCQUA purchase, please follow the appropriate steps as outlined on our WARRANTY & RETURNS page.
1.Fill out NOCQUA’s WARRANTY & RETURN form
2.NOCQUA HQ will be in touch shortly. A representative will assess the issue as described in the Returns & Replacement form and will respond with a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA) in addition to instructions on how to proceed.
3.Ship Products to:
2830 Hagers Court
4.Once product is received at NOCQUA HQ, a representative will immediately process the return or issue a replacement. If there are any questions along the way, please call (336) 448-0352.
Returns that don’t qualify for warranty coverage will be returned to customers. It is vital that you communicate with NOCQUA HQ before sending in your return. Please follow these four steps to ensure an efficient process.