Frequently Asked Questions
> Malama - Care
LightSUP boards are extremely durable, but not indestructible! Here are a few tips to ensure your stoke will last season after season.
- Treat it like you would any other valued item.
- Keep the board out of extreme heat and sunlight when not in use. Any product has a shortened lifespan if left in the sun 24/7.
- Clean the board with a normal household cleaning product when necessary. Most marks on the rail from your paddle should be removable. Magic erasers work great.
- For ding/puncture repair for your consideration that LIGHTSUP BOARDS has implemented.
- For small repairs check out this link for consideration here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIoxWJ8lyyA.
- Another effective method with proper tooling here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvV9a3lEe2g. Here is a link to an amazon listing were you can pick the size rod you would need: Amazon ABS Rod https://www.amazon.com/Othmro-Plastic-Welding-Thickness-1Meter/dp/B082KK5PMN/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&keywords=white+abs+welding+rods&qid=1595788713&sr=8-25. Since gashes tend to be small, a 3/8 width rod should be enough for several repairs.
- Traditional method of board repair here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL3I8GxWikA&t=196s.
- For large repairs: Repairs that are too large for the welding technique or need fiber reinforcement should use West System G-Flex Plastic Boat Repair Kits described here: https://epoxyworks.com/index.php/gluing-plastic-with-gflex-epoxy/. These kits are also available on Amazon, make sure you get the kit designated for plastic repair and follow the instructions inside for plastic repair.
- Please contact us with your specific questions: email@example.com.
> Window System